Johnson & Johnson DePuy Hip Recall
If you or someone you know has had a
DePuy ASR XL Hip Replacement System
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!
- DePuy announces recall of 93,000 hip implants (37,000 in the U.S. and at least 150 in this area) – Our own Tommy Siniard has this device and will be dealing with the situation as it unfolds.
- The devices have been available since 2006
- Since 2008, more than 400 complaints about this device have been reported to the FDA
- DePuy won’t say why the devices are failing. But, it may be due to debris generated by metal on metal contact due to improper alignment of the implant
- Metal debris may cause an allergic reaction and require surgery to install a new hip implant. Obviously, any major surgery carries significant risks to the patient